It’s like having superpowers! You get to influence entire Galaxies.
Open Beta Reads
DOWNLOAD THE BOOK here: http://bit.ly/2hbAOI7
(zip file has PDF, ePub, and Kindle versions)
- Title: Abhuman: Resistance
- Series: The Covenant – Book 2
- Genre: YA / Science Fiction / Dystopian
- Word count: 35k
- Tagline: She has the power to save them all, but only if she can save herself first.
She may be the most powerful Abhuman every born, with the power to bend space & time. Most fear her. A few seek to control her. Her powers pale compared to the evil theocracy that has enslaved her people.
Genetically engineered to emerge within the enslaved human population, Cheska is haunted by the terrible responsibility thrust upon her. Now that her powers have fully manifested, new memories emerge, and surging emotions threaten to tear her apart.
She never asked for this. Never wanted this. The resistance say that she is their salvation, that only she has the power to fulfill the prophecy and deliver them all from slavery. But she’s already lost almost everything, and they want to take even more?
When the resistance receive a distress call from Cheska’s mother, still up on their cityship in orbit, Cheska demands to be on the rescue team. If she has the power to save her people, then she’s determined to start with her mother.
Betrayed, she makes a harrowing journey through a planetary superstorm, only to find her people already doomed.
She has one shot to save them all, but at what price?
These Still Need Some Love (Reviews)
Betas might be closed for these books, but they still need your love! Have a minute to post a short review? Or even just give a book a star rating?
How to Beta Read?
Here’s a checklist I borrowed from a Goodreads group Just keep these things in mind as you read, and if possible, take notes.
- Does any part of the story drag?
- Are there parts that you skipped to get to ‘the good part’?
- Do I over-inform (info-dump) anywhere?
- Did you understand every phrase / term I used?
- Does one scene lead logically into the next?
- Do the scenes flow smoothly from one action to the next, or did they jump as though something was skipped?
- Is there enough downtime between intense scenes to allow it to build to the next?
- Can you see every action clearly while reading?
- If you went there in real life, would you recognize the places?
- Did you have to reread any part of the action sequences to understand who was doing what?
- Does the Dialogue sound realistic for the individual characters?
- Could you see what the characters were doing while talking?
- Could you see where the characters were while talking?
- Could you see what each character looked like clearly?
- Do their actions and reactions seem logical and realistic?
- Could you feel the emotions between the characters?
- Does the story stay focused on my main character?
- Were any of my characters too much of a jerk or too aggressive?
- Were any of my characters whiny, wimpy, or overly dramatic?
- Are any of my characters too stereotypical?
- Who did you like best and WHY?
- Who did you hate and WHY?
- Who got on your nerves and WHY?
- Do any of the characters get in the way of the STORY?
Want to Help your favorite Author?
- REVIEW - authors live and die by them, especially in the time of Amazon.
- SUBSCRIBE - sign up to my mailing list so you're up to date on new releases, and all the cool freebies.
- I always need people to BETA READ. Help me shape The Covenant!